Thursday, November 4, 2010

bringing on baby

I have decided that I am emotionally and physically ready for this baby to come.  So I have been using a few natural remedies. 

I fished out my old bottle of clary sage oil which helps to bring on labour and I have been burning it, bathing in it and rubbing it on my belly in a concoction with other oils.
I'll be glad to finish this old grimy bottle as I never really liked the smell but am tolerating it - like anything that I know is good for me!

I also made a beautiful fish curry
In Chinese Medicine they say that spicy foods push the energy downwards so not to have them until the end of the third trimester.  I haven't been able to tolerate spices but tonight my curry went down beautifully.

I also did a bit of gardening today as I think that keeping upright and active helps.  Most first babies come late whereas consecutive children come a little earlier - is this because the mother only has time to chill out for the first baby but is on the run up until delivery of the rest of them?

There are a few reflexology points that I was shown to stimulate as well so I have been doing this but not feeling overly confident about it.

Anyway, we will see what happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment