Sunday, October 10, 2010

Dig

Today I finally gave into the fact that I can't dig in the garden anymore.  So I directed John around instead. 



We planted corn in the newly vacant space from where we harvested desiree potatoes yesterday. 



I was going to let that space breathe until my heirloom tomato seedlings are bigger but just couldn't resist filling the gap.  We treated the soil to compost, worm poo and mulch and left it one day, that's as good as it gets. We (he) also planted a whole bunch of colourful groundcovers to try and make the dandelion patch look a bit better.  The light has gone now and the flowers have closed up so, no photos of them.   Waiting for rain now...

I am off to have my first bath in my new bathroom now - epsom salts here I come.  Directing other people to dig is just as exhausting as digging itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment