Tuesday, October 12, 2010

nappies and food

I am (im)patiently waiting for my fabulous re-usable bamboo nappies to arrive.  I ordered them on the web after reading on-line reviews.  I don't know many people who have used these types of nappies and was having difficulty finding any reliable information which is what kind of led me to start this blog.  I am hoping that it will become a bit of a resource for natural baby products and therapies. 

I am hoping to bypass disposable nappies altogether but time will only tell what will happen there.  I have wonderful intentions!! After all "disposable" is really another word for "landfill" and I just can't bring myself to add to it.  A lot of people harp on about cloth nappies being no better for the environment (to make themselves feel better) but I do all my washing using environmentally friendly products and it is only 3 extra loads per week.  The brand that I have bought is Baby Beehinds Bamboo and the website:  http://www.babybeehinds.com.au/. Not made in Australia but they do assure that they are made in a family owned business in China and support the fair trade industry in Asia.  I will be sure to let you know what I think.

The best on-line reviews I found were at:  http://www.productreview.com.au/.

I have also bought Weleda baby products because I just love their products (and got them wholesale just before I left work).  A European company so I will be trialling Australian baby products and giving you my opinion.

Today I am making a couple of vego lasagnes to pop in the freezer for easy dinners when baby arrives.  One has alternating layers of pumpkin, fetta & thyme and spinach & ricotta, the other a more tomato, oregano, mushroomy kind of affair.  I wonder if the baby will like garlic? Surely bubs would be used to it by now! 


2 comments:

  1. We had one of each. Oscar was almost entirely cloth nappy clad (and I swear I must have been more than a little deranged by the end). I think I am still recovering from the sleep deprivation/washing/drying/folding. I swear I spent more time standing at the clothes line than actually looking after him.
    Despite our best intentions, Pop was a disposable nappy kid. I had even bought a new washing machine that washed at a super high temperature so I could skip the soaking/sterilising stage. But five years down the track, the hospital had switched to disposables, so by the time we got home, there was no going back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. pannolini vendita online

    ReplyDelete